Weekly Privacy Digest
Stay on top of recent news and developments. Keep up to date with latest DPA rulings. Stay vigilant! GDPR Encoforment is picking up.
Week #13 2023
- Noyb Targets Microtargeting By German Political Groups.
- TikTok CEO Questioned by US Congress.
- Utah Laws Place Strict Rules on Kids’ Social Media.
- Details Emerge of Proposed Regulation to Improve GDPR Enforcement.
- ChatGPT Breach Exposes Payment Data and Chat History.
Week #12 2023
- Austrian Website’s Use of Meta Business Tools Violates GDPR.
- UK Bans TikTok on Government Devices.
- Iowa Privacy Law Awaits Governor’s Signature.
- EU Advocate General Gives Opinion on Credit Rating Agencies.
- UK Regulator Reduces GDPR Fine By Over 80%.
Week #11 2023
- UK Government Introduces Revised GDPR Reform Bill.
- US Federal Trade Commission Investigating Twitter for Suspected Privacy Violations.
- FBI Admits Buying Location Data, Circumventing the Need for Warrants.
- WhatsApp Denies Selling User Data In Response to Consumer Rights Investigation.
- Australian Court Greenlights Facebook Cambridge Analytica Enforcement.
Week #10 2023
- EU-US Transfer Framework: EDPB ‘Welcomes Improvements’ But ‘Expresses Concern’.
- Online Therapy Provider BetterHelp Fined Over Ads Violations.
- Privacy Campaigner Sues YouTube Over Children’s Data Allegations.
- Norwegian Regulator: Google Analytics ‘Not in Line With Privacy’.
- Domestic Searches Under FISA 702 Decline as Renewal Deadline Approaches.
- AI Recruitment Tool Workday Accused of Racist and Agist Bias.
Week #9 2023
- European Commission Proposes New Regulation to Improve GDPR Enforcement.
- Online Safety Bill: Signal Threatens to Pull Out of UK Over Encryption Proposals.
- Tesla Improves Camera Privacy Following Dutch DPA’s Investigation.
- European Commission Bans TikTok From Work Devices.
- Meta Faces Italian Tax Bill Over Data “Exchange”.
- European Data Protection Board Publishes Three Sets of Finalised GDPR Guidance.
Week #8 2023
- European Parliament Group Condemns Draft US Adequacy Decision.
- Meta’s ‘Stop Transfers’ Order Could Be Issued Within Two Months.
- TikTok Announces New European Data Centres In Response to China Surveillance Concerns.
- German Court Rules Against Police Use of Palantir’s Gotham Software.
- US Study Reveals Open Market For Mental Health Data.
Week #7 2023
- Biden Calls for Stronger Privacy Protections in State of the Union Address.
- EU Greenlights Carrier-Level Single ID Platform for Ads Preferences.
- TikTok Faces Human Rights Questions About New ‘Focused View’ Feature.
- Meta and Law Firm Sanctioned By California Court Over ‘Delay, Misdirection, and Frivolous Arguments’.
- UK and Irish Regulators ‘Engaging’ With Twitter Over Right-to-Erasure Requests.
Week #6 2023
- Italian Regulator Bans Replika Chatbot Due to Concerns Over Children’s Data.
- GDPR Enforcement Could Ramp Up as Commission Announces Review Process.
- US Telehealth Provider Sanctioned for Sharing Data with Facebook and Google.
- UK Regulator Writes to Scottish Council Over Schools’ Facial Recognition Project.
- Israel’s EU Adequacy Decision Threatened by Judicial Reforms, Says Norwegian Regulator.